Friday, November 20, 2015, 17:30 – 19.30.
DLA Piper, 3 Noble St, London EC2V 7EE.
This seminar on inclusive education for children with disabilities will enhance participants’ knowledge of the concepts and provide examples in practice. Speakers will explain what inclusive education means, and provide examples from various parts of the world. It will explore inclusive education as an international human right, as a development goal and as something that is feasible for educators in all settings. Speakers will explain how an inclusive approach benefits children without disabilities as well as those with disabilities.
The seminar is relevant for:
- Human rights lawyers
- Child rights and education lawyers
- Education policy-makers
- Disabled people’s organisations
- Education or disability grant-making foundations
- Steven Allen – Campaigns Director, MDAC
- Michael Bach – Executive Vice-President, Canadian Association for Community Living
- Tara Flood – CEO, Alliance for Inclusive Education
- George Howe – Pro Bono, DLA Piper
- Anna Lawson – Professor of Law, University of Leeds
Chaired by Oliver Lewis – CEO, MDAC
Registration and refreshments from 5.30pm. Event 6pm to 7.30pm.
To register go here.