Thursday 29th October 2015, 5:30pm.
Wolfson Lecture Theatre, KCL IoPPN, Denmark Hill.
The Mental Health Leads for King’s Sierra Leone Partnership and King’s THET Somaliland Partnership invite you to an event in recognition of World Mental Health Day. They are partnering with KCL PsychSoc and the Maudsley Charity to bring you an evening exploring Dignity and Human Rights in Mental Health Care: a Global Perspective
This is the first ever joint event between the two partnerships and will include:
· Panel discussions and video screenings
· Updates and perspectives from Sierra Leone and Somaliland
· Professor Graham Thornicroft (IoPPN) on the new Sustainable Development Goals
· Professor Genevra Richardson (KCL) on mental health law and human rights in the UK
· Dr Oliver Lewis (Mental Disability Advocacy Centre) on human rights across the world
· Service user perspectives
· Followed by food and drinks reception & opportunities to get involved
All are welcome, there is no need to register.